Every item entering our facility has a surface that must be properly prepared for powder coating. Media blast cleaning is an excellent form of surface preparation as it ensures optimal coating adhesion. End usage and customer expectations help to determine the required condition of the substrate prior to applying our powder coatings.
Advantages of Media Blasting
- Provides better coating adhesion due to the rough surface profile after media blasting
- Steel and aluminum oxide grit can remove tough rust easily from hard to reach corners
- Generates minimal or no waste since steel grit and aluminum oxide can be reused repeatedly
- Media blasting is very cost effective and minimizes preparation time prior to powder coating
Coating Methods, Inc. has 2 separate automated media blasting operations on site to accommodate your specific needs.
|Part Quantities||We can support your product needs, from One to High Volume quantities |
|Part Dimensions Accepted||(2) Media Blast Cabinets:|
Media Blast Booth / Room:
- Maximum part size - 3' x 1.5' x 1.5'
- Maximum part size - 15' x 10' x 6'
- Aluminum Oxide - 80 Mesh
- Steel Grit - 80 Mesh
|Materials Commonly Processed|
- Food Processing
- Home Furnishings
- Lawn & Garden
- Sporting Goods
- And yours
back to top
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
back to top